Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Intro letter


Hi bloggers, my name is Carol Ann and I was born in this beautiful state of California! I love this state and get irritated when people knock it since most of the time they are from some place else. Anyway, I grew up by the beach in Hermosa, Newport and Huntington so you can say I was a beach girl. I went to three high schools and after graduation attended Cosmetology school in Oceanside to become a hair stylist. After I got pregnant and couldn’t reach my clients in my 8th month I had to quit and never went back to hair again. When I first went to college after my third child, I was still in my twenties and went to Palomar studying Interior Design. I worked in that field for 7 years and furniture sales. It was a real bummer to have to work weekends!! I then went back to school again and got an AA degree in Electronic Publishing, which was super fun since I am creative. I worked in that field for 5 years and was laid off. I tried to do independent contract graphics work but the work was not steady so I went to school once again. These events brought me to where I am now pursuing a career in teaching. I just hope I get a job right away and can then continue working towards my Masters degree and make some descent money for the first time in my life. I need a new car really bad and I desperately need to fix up my house.

My experience in technology is limited to my graphics work with Adobe. I learned briefly how to compose a web site using Dreamweaver but would like to further my experience. I am relatively good with Adobe software but have never gained Microsoft expertise. I used a Mac in school 12 years ago while attaining my certification in Electronic Publishing and still own my dinosaur Mac but now use a PC exclusively. I am not using Microsoft Office 07 yet so my Word documents and knowledge extend to the 04 series. I have no knowledge in spreadsheets and am still using XP system on my PC. 

The last paragraph of the Mission Statement speaks to me about the focus and dedication that CSUSM has to commitment of student-centered education. They practice and demonstrate diversity, collaboration, professionalism and governance which informs me that I will be receiving the best education for achieving a well rounded and professional career in teaching. I chose Cal State because it is close to my house and has such a good reputation in the field of Education. Another reason was because most of the students at Mira Costa in the Liberal Arts program were going to Cal State and informed me of its qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment